Pet Nurse Care Coordinator
At Lap of Love, we believe in connecting with people and helping pets find comfort and peace in the end of life journey. We also believe that assisting a family through the passing of their pet is one of the most rewarding aspects of this amazing profession. Lap of Love is seeking empathetic, self-motivated Veterinary Care Coordinators with excellent communication skills and the desire to assist pet families. We are dedicated to compassionate end of life care and our practice focuses solely on veterinary in-home hospice and in-home euthanasia.
The opportunity to work remotely may be available.
Your salary is based on experience.
• Post-Secondary education preferred
• Certification or equal experience in the veterinary field
• Veterinary Care: 2 years
• 2 years customer service experience.
• Previous experience as Veterinary Technician or practicing front-line animal care is a plus.
• Proficient and comfortable utilizing the internet and programs, such as, Gmail, Google Calendar and online communication platforms. Must have the ability to quickly to learn custom software.
• Answer client calls in a timely and supportive manner.
• Address client concerns with compassion and coordinate care.
• Gather and accurately document the client’s personal and pet-related medical information.
• Possess the ability to schedule appointments in a logistic and effective manner.
• Manage and support client relations for multiple Lap of Love doctors throughout the country.
• Communicate routinely with veterinarians & staff, keeping them informed of client requests, appointment information, and any other pertinent information.
• Go above and beyond to assist our clients, their pets, and our doctors.
• Display compassion, control and confidence.
• Strong and professional interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer service skills with a passion to help others in every way possible.
• Support Center hours are 7am to 11pm, 7 days a week. Must be available to work a 40-hour schedule including nights/weekends.
• Each Care Coordinator will be required to be available 3 holidays per year, to be decided by the manager.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.